- Kit: Zoom F8, Sennheiser MKH416 shotgun microphone, I bring a backup mic and run a backup recording on a separate device.
- I wear a mask inside and provide sterilized wired headphones for guest phone (I also carry a lighting adapter).
- $50 for each additional hour billed after the first 5 minutes, based on the conclusion of the call.
- No travel charge within the immediate DC area
- Cancellations within 24 hours the minimum charge will apply.
- Recordings will be sent within the hour via WeTransfer.com which hosts them for 7 days, I tend to hold onto backups longer but only guarantee 7 days.
The following examples are to show the breadth and complexity of my work: tape syncs are not complicated in ideal conditions – it’s knowing how to prepare for and mitigate unusual conditions that separates good tape from great tape.
I recorded the following interview with General Mark Milley in The Pentagon for The Eurasia Foundation’s podcast, and provided video services as well, in this case wireless lavalier microphones were the best option for video.
I was asked to record a violin recital, interview and photograph for VPM, Richmond’s NPR affiliate. I used a large diaphragm MXL microphone for the recital, Sennheiser MKH 416 and for the interview.
In a more typical tape sync configuration, I recorded Drew Westen’s side of this conversation. The challenge here we only had access to the high ceiling room in his apartment, so I angled the microphone more towards his chest than I normally would to reduce the pickup of reverberance above.
Brown Advisory has been a long-time client of mine. I started remote producing their NOW Podcast which is produced by Tortoise Media, and I lead the technical production of their CIO Roundtable podcast: this involves setting up USB microphones and an independent recording app with each participant, trying to best position and isolate them in their space, sync it all together, apply noise reduction, EQ and compression where necessary and upload to Descript where their editorial and regulatory compliance team finishes the edit.